If you don’t play Blizzard games, you can’t possibly know why BlizzCon is important to those of us who do. If you do play Blizzard games and have never been to a BlizzCon, you need to go. Make every effort to make it happen at least once; you won’t regret it.
This year was my second; my first was in 2014. I can’t pick which is my favorite of the two because each had their own, unique experiences associated with them that could not possibly be duplicated. However, of all the unique experiences I’ve had at BlizzCon, the one I’m going to share with you here is second-to-none.
I arrived on Thursday of con week, and stayed until the following Monday. My intent was to find a group of people to join up with who were going to Disneyland on Sunday; I haven’t been since I was 18 and I was looking forward to being a big ol’ kid again. However, I was up past 2am on Saturday night, and the prospect of getting up early did not appeal to me, so I didn’t message any of the people that I knew had plans to go. I figured that if I ended up going, I’d just meet up with whomever was there when I got there.
Having decided that much, I woke up that Sunday morning and laid in bed browsing Twitter, trying to figure out what to do for breakfast. I ended up connecting with my friends Alyssa and Dave and some of their other friends. One of them was kind enough to drop me back off at the Hilton afterward, where I proceeded into the Starbucks to get an iced tea. As I walked toward the entrance, I noticed a woman, wearing a sleeveless shirt, sitting on the bench outside, talking on her phone. She had a tattoo on her upper arm that looked familiar to me, so I looked at her face, and that’s when I realized who it was…
Continue reading Right place + Right time = Magic
My friend and good hunter buddy, @AlternativeChat, recently drew up a post on her Circuit of Disappointment. This is what she calls the weekly routes she takes to run Legacy content that drops mounts, vanity pets, and much gold…because as we all know, the bosses are rarely in the mood to drop their prized mounts. Since she wrote hers from an Alliance perspective, I thought I’d do some shuffling of the order and draw up a Horde version for myself. Perhaps you’d like to join the two of us in Disappointmentville? Here you go:
- Hearthstone to Warspear, port to Orgrimmar
- Port to Uldum, fly to Throne of the Four Winds for a shot at Al’Akir’s mount
- Leave Tot4W and head next door to Vortex Pinnacle
- Jump on a flying mount up to Caverns of Time
- Dragon Soul – multiple mounts
- Mount Hyjal – vanity pets
- Leave CoT for Mudsprocket (FP in Gadgetzan, or just fly on your own)
- Visit Onyxia; be sure to handle the whelps
- Fly up to Ratchet and grab the boat to Booty Bay, then hie thee to Zul’Gurub for a shot at two mounts
- Hearth to Warspear, port to Orgrimmar
- Grab the zeppelin to Borean Tundra and get yourself to ICC
- After failing to get Invincible, you can then head over to Ulduar if you want a shot at Yogg
- Fly to Utgarde Pinnacle to see Skadi the Useless* and make a wistful attempt at the blue proto drake
- Then head to Naxx 25 where you’ll feel better by earning lots of gold and hopefully some vanity pets
- Hearth to Warspear, port to Orgrimmar
- Take portal to Outland – Hellfire Peninsula
- Fly from Dark Portal to Tempest Keep in Netherstorm for an attempt on Kael’thas
- From TK, head to Zangarmarsh, hit Serpentshrine Cavern for patterns and vanity pets
- Fly to Shattrath and take the portal to the Isle of Quel’Danas for a shot at Sunwell for vanity pets and a certain legendary bow. #huntersarejustawesome #boomdeyada
*this is Alt’s name for Skadi, and I wholeheartedly stand behind it.
It was pointed out in the comments on Alt’s original post that if you set your hearth to Shrine of Two Moons (or Seven Stars for you Allies), you’ll have portals to everywhere, including Dalaran and Shattrath. However, if your life revolves mostly around Draenor this expac (unlike mine), these routes should work. Many thanks to Alt herself for the original post, and for her enthusiastic response when I suggested drawing up a Hordie version.
Welcome to Disappointmentville. Enjoy your stay. 🙂
*As any WoW player knows, the flight master in any city, town, or outpost in the game will, for a few silver pieces, sell you a “taxi” flight (usually on a wyvern or a gryphon) to any other city, town or outpost that you’ve been to. If you’re going a long way, the flight path takes you past the flight points between where you are and your destination, sort of like flying over the cities and towns between your departure city and your destination on a plane. When you’ve never been to the place that you want to go, though, you have to ride or run to the town under your own power and “discover” the flight points. I feel like that’s the way my journey is playing out, and that I’ve reached my first flight point.
Well, now. It’s been just over a month since I last posted. If you read that post, you might intuit that this last month plus has been quite a journey in its own right, and you’d be correct. A lot has changed for me, but in a lot of really small ways. Let me share some of it with you.
Continue reading The First Flight Point*
It seems I’m on a (blog) roll today when it comes to posts about WoW. I’ve had a request to entertain another idea about the game, this time from the lovely Mr. and Mrs. WoW. You can find their blog here.
As you can see, I edited this directive for my own uses.
So, here are my Top Things to do, in no particular order: Continue reading My Top Things to Do in WoW before WoD Release!
ATTENTION! The ever-present, always faithful, never boring Mistress of Faff herself, the Godmother, hath presented us WoW fans with a challenge.
Over at her site, Alt:ernative Chat, the Godmother put out a request to answer her list of 10 questions. If you’re interested in doing so, you can go to the blog entry for her 10 years, 10 Questions for her instructions, or you can go to her Google survey to answer them that way. She’s keeping a comprehensive list of responses, as well.
Here we go, then.
Continue reading 10 years, 10 questions – my first Warcraft post!